Disclosure of inside information pursuant to Article 17 of Regulation (EU) No. 596/2014
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION, PUBLICATION OR TRANSMISSION, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN OR INTO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, JAPAN OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION IN WHICH SUCH DISTRIBUTION, PUBLICATION OR TRANSMISSION WOULD BE UNLAWFUL.
Metalcorp Group is experiencing very strong growth with volumes further increasing across the business divisions
Luxembourg, 14 June 2022
Operational highlights year-to-date 2022:
- For the Metals and Concentrates division, copper volumes are up 25% year on year, Q2 platinum group metals’ volumes are set to increase c 80% in Q2 vs Q1, and low carbon ferrochrome volumes are up c 50% in Q2 vs Q1.
- Bulk and Ferrous raw material sales to primary steel producers continue to increase in Q2, with volumes 70% higher than budget. An additional major new European blue-chip engineering client was secured during Q2.
- Full capacity utilization at both recycling aluminium plants with further expansion planned at Stockach to increase production by 50,000 tonnes per year.
- Given the significant increase in additional volumes and subsequent turnover, the Group has secured additional working capital and trade lines from new and existing European commercial banking relationships.
- These new lines coupled with additional proceeds from the bond tap will ensure that the group has sufficient and additional flexible liquidity to capitalise on the increasing business.
- Proceeds will also be used to secure additional opportunities in the secondary aluminium and steel industry in the region.
Financial highlights year-to-date 2022:
- Increasing volumes across the existing platform are translating into a further increase in earnings in Q2: EBITDA for Metals and Concentrates is set to increase c 25% in Q2 vs Q1; EBITDA for Bulk and Ferrous to increase more than 50% in Q2 vs Q1, leading to a first half 2022 EBITDA outlook of c EUR 40 million.
- The group remains on track for a record 2022, with turnover seen at c EUR 1.2 bn for the full year and EBITDA 2022 outlook above EUR 100 million, benefiting from significant new business in the Bulk and Ferrous and Metals and Concentrates divisions, as well as new contracts being secured in the Aluminium division.
For further information:
Frank Ostermair, Linh Chung
Better Orange IR & HV AG
+49 89 8896906-25
Metalcorp Group S.A.
+352 2799 0145 55
This publication does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy or subscribe for securities in any jurisdiction nor does it constitute a prospectus for securities within the meaning of Regulation (EU) 2017/1129, as amended (“Prospectus Regulation”).
This publication is not intended for distribution or dissemination, directly or indirectly, in or into the United States of America (including its territories and possessions of any state or the District of Columbia) or to publications with a general circulation in the United States of America. This publication is neither an offer to sell nor an offer to buy or subscribe for securities in the United States of America. The securities have not been and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration under the Securities Act or an exemption from registration under the Securities Act. The Issuer does not intend to register any Notes in whole or in part in the United States of America or to conduct a public offering in the United States of America.
This publication is directed only at, and is intended only for, those persons in member countries of the EEA who are “qualified investors” within the meaning of Article 2(e) of the Prospectus Regulation (“Qualified Investors”). In addition, this publication is being distributed in the United Kingdom and is directed only at those qualified investors (i) who have professional experience in investment business within the meaning of Article 19 (para. 5) of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005, (the “Order”), (ii) who are high net worth entities within the meaning of Article 49(2)(a) to (d) of the Order, or (iii) to such other persons to whom this publication may lawfully be communicated (all such persons together being referred to as “relevant persons”). Any investment or investment activity in connection with this publication is available only to, and will be engaged in only with, (i) relevant persons in the United Kingdom and (ii) qualified investors in EEA member countries other than the United Kingdom.
Metalcorp Group S.A. does not intend to make an offer of securities to the public.
This publication is not an offer of securities for sale in Canada, Japan, Australia or any other jurisdiction in which such distribution, publication or transfer would be unlawful.